Lakeview Cemetery (LVC) was organized about 1853 with some of our earliest lot sales and burials dating to that time. Burials were slow until the period after the Civil War, when lot sales and burials increased.
After World War II and into the 1950’s, LVC fell into a state of disrepair. Mowing was spotty at best, and for a time lot owners would bring their own equipment to mow and trim their lots.
Sometime in the late 1950’s local business owner C.Y. Hall became interested in reorganizing LVC. He contacted as many lot owners as possible and made the offer that for a certain sum of money LVC would provide perpetual lot care. This was successful and put LVC in good shape financially to provide regular mowing and care of lots.
Below is a list of LVC Presidents that followed C. Y. Hall:
Homer Leigh – 1958 to 1977
Frank Burke – 1978 to 1985
Curtis Laycock – 1986 to 2010
George Wilmoth – 2011 to 2016
Greg Wilmoth – 2017 to present
In 1986 – C. Carroll Laycock was elected secretary / treasurer and still serves in
Keith Reasoner provided over 20 years of service to LVC, developing the north- east corner of the cemetery, managing lot sales, meeting with families, and interfacing with funeral homes.
We would like to thank Mr. and Mrs. Richard Belle of Hamilton for countless hours spent documenting tombstones at LVC.