Revised February 24, 2022
Lakeview Cemetery Policies
- The cemetery is open daily from dawn to dusk
- Pets must be kept on a leash at all times and pet owners are responsible to clean up and remove any pet waste from the cemetery properties. Waste containers within the cemetery may not be used.
- Any artificial temporary decoration, wreath, vase, statue or other items placed on a gravesite that is not specifically and permanently attached to the grave monument or base will not be allowed from April 1st through October 31st. Furthermore, these items are not covered for damage, theft or vandalism by any cause and are not the responsibility of the Lakeview Cemetery.
- All holiday decorations that are not collected by family will be picked up by cemetery staff after thirty days following the holiday.
- The cemetery reserves the right to remove and/or dispose of any flowers, wreaths, or containers of any type should they interfere with mowing, maintenance or become displaced or unsightly due to wind or other causes. The cemetery is not responsible for damaged or stolen floral pieces or other decorations.
- Fencing, edging materials, landscaping stones, marble chips, and shells, are not permitted around or on any gravesite.
- Reasonable precautions will be taken to protect gravesite holders of their rights within the cemetery, but the cemetery distinctly disclaims all responsibility for loss or damage from causes beyond its reasonable control, and especially from damage caused by the elements, an act of God, thieves, vandals, explosions and unavoidable accidents.
- The cemetery shall have the right to correct any error whatsoever made by one of its employees in the interment, disinterment or removal of a body. The cemetery also accepts no responsibility for errors made because of wrong or incomplete information.
- Any disinterment must be in accordance with Virginia State Law and will be charged opening and closing costs.
- Unused grave spaces may only be returned to Lakeview Cemetery at the discretion or option of the Cemetery Trustees, at no greater amount than the original purchase price.
- Only with the prior approval of the Cemetery Trustees may any space be sold or transferred by the original owner or the owner’s immediate family. An administrative fee of $200 will be assessed for the transaction.
- Maintenance activities will be scheduled to provide a reasonable amount of care to the cemetery grounds. Work will be scheduled to provide a respectable appearance of fixtures and grounds.
- No flowers, trees or shrubs may be planted on the cemetery property. Any violation of this rule will result in removal of the planting by the cemetery.
- If any tree, shrub or plant (previously placed before the institution of these “Policies”) in any lot shall, by means of its roots or branches, become detrimental to an adjacent lot, driveway or walk, the Board of Trustees shall have a right to enter on the lot and remove or trim said tree, shrub or plants.
- Lakeview Cemetery shall only allow the official flag of the United States to be displayed during Memorial Day or any other time of the year. Furthermore, all flags displayed during Memorial Day or other holidays shall be displayed no more than three days in advance and must be removed three days afterwards.
Burial Costs and Policies
Allowable burials for each gravesite
- One casket and one cremation
- Two cremations
$1600 per each gravesite before or at the time of burial ($800 land cost; 4 markers at $100 apiece; $400 for perpetual care). Double deep burials are not allowed.
At the time of interment, an additional cost of $400 will be required for dressing the grave.
$1500 per niche (up to 2 burials per niche). Engraving is an additional cost and must be ordered from Parker Monuments, 42 W. Colonial Hwy, Hamilton, Virginia- 20158. Phone: (540) 338-3138
The cost each time a niche is opened and closed will be $200.